Sunday, November 30, 2008

Comfort


Homemade rolls, gingerbread cookies, a warm fire, spiced cider, cute kids...its been a nice long weekend and its not quite over yet!  Its been so nice to have Matt home all weekend.  I don't think he's ever had a job where he had paid vacation days.  When we were making gingerbread cookies yesterday I started to think about comfort, gingerbread is a kind of comfort food so maybe thats why.  Anyway, today I feel comforted in my heart.  It's hard to explain.  Sometimes life is hard, we have to go through so many things, so many choices to make. Questions that remain unanswered, friends come and go.  Yet God remains true to us, He remains our comfort in times of trouble.  He is the only one who sees our true heart, knows our intentions and has a plan for us in spite of ourselves and how we get in the way.  In the bible its says that He is the God of all comfort.   Thats cool, the God of all comfort and he is able to comfort our hearts.  So be comforted today my friends, let your hearts be comforted by the Lord.   

4 comments:

amy said...

So nice and homey and lovely...can we come over please? Josiah just looked at your pictures and said, "I want to move back to California right now." Aww...he misses you guys, just like we all do.

Leanne Barker said...

thats nice, he's so sweet.

eva said...

amen!

Anonymous said...

Aw that's beautiful Leanne! Exactly what I needed to be reminded of today. :)

Isn't this a good season to remind us of those things? I love it.