Yesterday I was ambitious and took the boys on a hike at the Johnson Ranch Trail. It was really fun for the most part. It was sunny but not too hot with a nice breeze. I love the sound of the wind blowing through the prairie grass. Isn't it amazing that God made sounds that are pleasant to us? I love that about nature. The birds, the grass, bubbling brooks, all make sounds that are soothing to us. I love God!



My boys are so cute. I was pondering their different personalities as we walked along. Jack naturally takes a lead role, looking out for his little brothers and pointing out all the poison oak. Caleb is always off in some ditch or patch of tall grass trying to capture some wild animal. And Weston flits along, copying one of his brothers or complaining about being sweaty or tired. At one point he sat down on the trail and said "I'm broken".


I think hiking is my new favorite thing. Looking for more trails to trek!
2 comments:
you are awesome. and jack is such a great big brother. see, look how CM you are... nature hikes and awareness of nature's sounds. you are a natural:)
The boys look so big! This post made me miss them so much John needs to know these boys! ah, move here! (Actually your description of the weather made me want to move THERE)
Post a Comment