Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wednesday


Today was a weird day.  On one hand it was really nice with me and the boys.  We had our devotions and then Jack asked if we could sing a worship song.  So he played Everlasting God on his guitar, Caleb and I played the egg shakers and Weston chewed on a harmonica. The whole day just seemed to glide by like a gentle breeze.  I even got to see Jack hugging and genuinely comforting Caleb after he had hurt his feelings.  These are the things that a mother treasures in her heart.  
Then on the other hand I have a couple of friends who are in such turmoil, my heart is hurting for them.  Its crazy because just as I was typing a 'couple' I instantly thought of four more people and if I stopped to think I could think of more people who are hurting.  Thank God that his love is so deep it can bring relief to all of those who come to him for help.  And I get to be a part of extending his love to others by prayer and friendship.  Tonight my heart is full of hope in God that he can make a way for my friends.    

I added this picture of Weston from his bath tonight.  He loves to look at his hands.  He is so delicious right now, the pudgy tummy and cheeks and of course his toes that I am obsessed with.  I know that sounds weird to all of you who don't have kids but trust me they are a great joy to me.  He has Matts hands I think. 







2 comments:

Unknown said...

i so love that i get to be your friend...you're pretty wonderful. this was another beautiful blog entry

D Squared aka Double D said...

Leanne, this is Aunt Delores. You write so beautifully, I just love to read your blog and see the photos of the kids. I hope your Mom and Dad get connected so they can read your blog also.
xoxox
Aunt D